- Access to and use of this website and the products and services available, are subject to the following terms and conditions. By visiting, browsing or using the website you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Children’s Department reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time, and any such amendment will become effective upon being posted on the website. Continued use of the website will imply acceptance of these amendments.
- You must not misuse this website or engage in any fraudulent, illegal, harmful or malicious activity that affects, or is likely to affect the performance or functionality of the website. Breaching this provision would constitute a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. The Children’s Department will report any such breach to relevant law enforcement authorities.
B. Intellectual Property and Website Content
- The intellectual property rights in all software and content made available to you on this website remains the property of The Children’s Department and are protected by copyright laws.
- It is prohibited to reproduce, reprint, distribute, or communicate website content in whole, or in part, in any manner that infringes intellectual property, trademark or proprietary rights of The Children’s Department and the sellers.
- By submitting any material to The Children’s Department you grant us exclusive right to use, reproduce, edit, publish, and distribute material (in whole or part). The Children’s Department is also not obliged to publish any material submitted by you.
C. Contract Of Sale
- To visit, browse or shop at The Children’s Department you must be over 18 years of age and possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us.
- When placing an order, you must register for an account on the website. By creating an account, you agree to provide accurate and complete information. You must not disclose personal user names and passwords. You agree that use of this website made using that user name and password is you, and that you will solely be responsible for any such use. You agree to inform us immediately of any actual, or improper use of your user name and password.
- By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to the following terms and conditions. Once you select the product that you have ordered, you will be shown the charges (including GST) and any applicable delivery charges, this is the total that you will pay.
- Whilst we try and ensure all details, descriptions and prices that appear on this Website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any goods that you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
- When you place your order, you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail confirming receipt of your order: this email will only be an acknowledgement and will not constitute acceptance of your order. A contract will not be formed until we send you confirmation by email that the goods ordered have been dispatched to you. Only those goods listed in the confirmation e-mail sent at the time of dispatch will be included in the contract formed.
- A contract will only relate to those products whose dispatch we have confirmed in the confirmation of order. We will not be obliged to supply any other products that may have been part of your order until we have sent a confirmation order in relation to those products.
- Unless specified on the product page orders will be dispatched within 3 business days.
- All risk in the product shall pass to you on receipt of delivery. From the time when risk passes to you, we will not be liable for loss or destruction of the product.
D. Gift Vouchers
- Gift vouchers are only valid for a limited time and the voucher must be used by the date shown on the voucher. We cannot accept any responsibility for stolen, lost or deleted vouchers.
- We may email gift vouchers to you, we accept no liability for errors in the email address of the recipient.
E. Returns and Refunds.Full information on our returns and refunds policy see the ‘about us’ us section, or ‘contact us’ for more details.
- For change of mind returns use the ‘contact us’ link. The item must be returned within 14 days of purchase, must be unused and in original packaging. Please return directly to the seller, shipping costs will not be reimbursed. A store credit will be issued to the value of the returned item, once the The Children's Department has received it. Custom or personalised items cannot be exchanged.
- An item that is faulty, damaged or different to the way it was described or pictured may be returned within 14 days of delivery- please use the ‘contact us’ link. The Children’s Department will provide you with a pre-paid postal satchel to return the item. Once we have received the faulty item, we will provide a refund or store credit- as per your preference.
- We operate a complaints handling procedure, which we will use to resolve your disputes when they first arrive. If you wish to make a complaint, please do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
H. Limitation of LiabilityThe Children’s Department does not give any guarantee or warranty or make any statement or representation of any kind, express or implied, with respect to your use of the website.
- We shall not be liable to you for any breach, hindrance or delay in the execution of a Contract attributable to any cause beyond our reasonable control or event of ‘Force Majeure’
- While we aim to provide a functional website, we shall not be liable for disruption to the website, or that the Website or the server from which it operates will be free of harmful components.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss, interference, corruption or damage to your computer systems in connection with use of this Website.
I. IndemnityYou agree to fully indemnify, defend and hold harmless The Children’s Department and it’s respective Director’s, Officer’s Employees, Consultants, Agents and Representatives against all third party claims, liability, damages, losses and/or (including but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use of this website or your breach of the Terms of Service.
J. Linking to this WebsiteYou may link to our home page, provided that you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it .You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest or imply that any part of the website belongs to anyone other than The Children’s Department. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.